Monday, June 8, 2009

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

I have an "end of year" meeting this morning and was assigned to make a bread. As one who likes individual servings, I made muffins instead. I believe this would be considered a bread, and although one does not get a slice, they get a mini muffin instead. Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins came from Recipezaar - I've had quite a bit of luck with recipes from this site, however, one must use common sense when choosing a recipe from here. This recipe had great reviews and so, I was off to the kitchen to try my own skill at making these delicious-looking muffins.

I used mini baking cups and got 48 mini muffins out of this recipe. They are not as moist as I anticipated they might be, based on the reviews. I used vegetable oil instead of canola oil and baked them for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Next time I make these, I am going to try and see if I can't do something to make them more moist. Thoughts?



Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins
from Recipezaar, recipe shared by "Dorel"
SERVES 6 -12 , 6 -12 muffins
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
4 ounces butter or 1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and butter that has been melted and browned slightly.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups and bake till golden brown.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 -30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment