Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Oh. My. Gosh.



Being in a time crunch on Monday, I realized I had a church meeting and no refreshments to serve. How rude, right? I always have something in the freezer ready to thaw out and possibly serve or, uhm, eat myself. Shhh! I luckily had some cookie dough in the freezer I had made and didn't finish because, well, I made too much in one day and got pooped. It came in handy. I simply took the cookie dough (when it was fresh) and rolled it in wax paper, then covered it with plastic wrap and shoved to the back of the freezer. One cookie dough recipe made two rolls.



This cookie recipe comes straight from the back of the Guittard Real Semisweet Chocolate Chips bag. No kidding. Some times the simplest recipe can be that good. Not remembering what the directions were, I baked them in a 350-degree oven for 9 minutes. I then let them rest on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes before removing them and placing them on a wire rack to cool. I didn't defrost the dough, I simply took it out of the freezer, unwrapped it, and cut the dough into rounds/pieces. I highly recommend making them this way. The outside has a bit of crunch and the center is soft and chewy. It's really the best of both worlds.



THE ORIGINAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
from Guittard

Yield: 7 dozen 2 inch cookies

2 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups (12 ounces) GUITTARD SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chips and walnuts.

Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

The Original Chocolate Chip Pan Cookie: Prepare dough as directed. Spread evenly into greased 10x15x1-inch pan. Bake at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes. Cool before cutting into 48 two-inch bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment