Tuesday, June 2, 2009

She Cooks, He Takes, Too!

This morning, baby woke at 5am. Ugh. I thought that, just maybe she would be interested in hitting the snooze button and going back to sleep for a while. And I even thought it had worked for a while. But alas, at 5:15, I decided to bring her back to the big bed so I could try and get a couple more zzz's myself. The hubby finally cracked an eye and couldn't believe that he had to be a part of the "morning hour crew." But he can sleep through anything, right?!

I felt a bit guilty we awoke him, so I made him a delicious breakfast sandwich - super easy to make when you're in a time crunch (not that we were!) and a healthy start to your day.

Hubby's Breakfast Sandwich
1 english muffin, toasted
spray butter
1 egg (or, as I had, 2 egg whites)
2 slices of thinly sliced ham lunch meat
2 slices colby jack chesse (or whatever you have on hand)

Cook egg in non-stick pan and add salt and pepper to desired taste. At time of flipping, begin toasting the english muffin. When egg is close to being fully cooked, place the 2 slices of ham between the pan and egg. Then place the cheese on top of the egg. Turn stove off and let the remaining heat from the pan and egg warm the ham and melt the cheese.

When english muffin is toasted, spray with butter and place all of the items in the pan carefully onto the bottom piece of the english muffin. Place the top of the english muffin on top of cheese. If cheese hasn't melted before this point, it will continue to melt from the heat of the english muffin. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment